Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Hendersonville
Located in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Co-workers who feel like family
Faith based environment
FT Days, 36 hours per week, 7a to 7p
You Will be Responsible For:
· Assists patients with activities of daily living, provides for personal care and emotional support.
· Provides care which may include bed bath, shower, whirlpool, oral hygiene, back rubs, peri-care, freshening linen, cleaning over bed tables, straightening room and other general care as directed by the RN.
· Provides general nursing care such as positioning patients, lifting and turning patients, applying/utilizing special equipment, assisting in use of bedpan, commode and ambulating patients.
· Promptly reports any changes in patient status (e.g., changes in vital signs, level of consciousness, weight, mobility status, comfort level, feeding pattern or any unusual occurrences) to the RN in a timely manner.
· Verifies the diet order for each patient to whom assigned, feeds or assists with feeding, and assists with fluid intake as directed by the RN or patient care plan.
· Monitors and accurately records patient intake and output in a timely fashion and in accordance with hospital policy and physician order including routine intake/output, strict intake/output, and calorie counts.
· Documents provided care clearly and concisely on the daily care record.
· Observes patient's mental and physical conditions, reports any changes to RN.
· Distributes drinking water and snacks to patients as applicable.
· Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors. Uses proper body mechanics to protect self and patient.
What You Will Need:
High School diploma or equivalent required
Current license as a Nurse Assistant with the NC Board of Nursing required
Current AHA BLS within 30 days of start required
Six months nursing assistant experience preferred
Critical care experience preferred
Assists patients with activities of daily living, provides basic nursing care to patients and assists in maintenance of a safe and clean environment under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse in charge of the team and/or unit.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.