Specific job responsibilities will include: · Collaborate with leadership to create, seek, and execute strategic initiatives to further the Brody School of Medicine mission; including Child and Adolescent fellowship, robust hospital service and inpatient child unit.
· Identify and obtain resources to optimize clinic services and achieve goals for patient access, patient volume, physician availability and training, productivity, and quality improvement.
· Optimize patient safety and quality of care working with the Medical Director to ensure clinical quality improvement and patient safety.
· Contribution to an environment which enhances professional development of division members with the goal of achieving a highly motivated physician and allied professional group.
· Recruitment and retention of well-trained and qualified professional staff to the division within the clinical needs and compensation policies of ECU Health.
· Foster medical education and research in all clinical programs, assuring engagement of all faculty in these efforts.
· Support scholarly activities which include the education of child psychiatry residents, active research, and support of the school's research strategy.
· Serve as the 'face' of child and adolescent psychiatry and build external relationships, expand the sphere of influence, advocate for improvements and change within the division and seek external support and philanthropy.
· Responsible for fiscal stewardship and operational management in partnership with department administration.
· Focus on patient satisfaction and maintaining a family-centric environment and culture to ensure service and operational excellence that maximize patient satisfaction, outcomes, and impact within and beyond ECU Health.
· Attendance at child and adolescent departmental meetings and general medical staff meetings as required by hospital and school bylaws. Leadership activities, including patient satisfaction and safety initiatives, risk management and peer review activities.
Special Instructions To Application:
ECU requires applicants to submit a candidate profile online in order to be considered for the position. In addition, please also submit the following required applicant documents online: · Letter of Interest
· Curriculum Vitae
· List of Three References
MD or DO from an appropriately accredited institution
Completion of an accredited psychiatry residency training program or of an approved combined medicine-psychiatry or family medicine-psychiatry residency training program
ABPN Board Certification in both Adult and Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Eligible for unrestricted medical licensure in North Carolina prior to the start of appointment
Full time or Part time: Full Time
Position Location (city): Greenville
Position Number: 966006
Organizational Unit Overview:
The Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine at the Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University, along with its clinical partner ECU Health, is seeking a innovative and highly collaborative clinician to provide executive and strategic leadership as the Division Head of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
The Division Head of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry will have the demonstrated experience necessary to lead and manage the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Division with the drive and persistence to expand the Child and Adolescent services over the next several years. The Division Head will be involved in the newly announced 144 bed state of the art Behavioral Health Hospital scheduled to open in 2025.
With a mission of teaching, research, and service, ECU is a dynamic institution connecting people with ideas, finding solutions to problems, and seeking the challenges of the future. It is the 3rd largest public university in NC, with over 27,000 students and 5,600 faculty and staff. Located in the coastal region of North Carolina in Greenville, ECU is a rapidly growing city of more than 90,000 persons in Pitt County (population 168,148); ECU is located approximately 85 miles east of Raleigh, the capital city of North Carolina and approximately 87 miles west of the Atlantic Ocean in a temperate climate with rare snowfall and approximately 85 miles east of Raleigh, the capital of North Carolina. ECU Health is a mission-driven, 1708-bed academic health care system serving more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is comprised of 13,000 team members, nine hospitals and a physician group that encompasses over 1100 academic and community providers. There are over 180 primary and specialty clinics located in more than 130 locations. The flagship ECU Health Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, and ECU Health Maynard Children's Hospital serve as the primary teaching hospitals for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. ECU Health and the Brody School of Medicine share a combined academic mission to improve the health and well-being of eastern North Carolina through patient care, education and research. For more information, visit ECUHealth.org.
To be a national model for student success, public service and regional transformation, East Carolina University uses innovative learning strategies and delivery methods to maximize access; prepares students with the knowledge, skills and values to succeed in a global, multicultural society; develops tomorrow's leaders to serve and inspire positive change; discovers new knowledge and innovations to support a thriving future for eastern North Carolina and beyond; transforms health care, promotes wellness, and reduces health disparities; and improves qualify of life through cultural enrichment, academics, the arts, and athletics. We accomplish our mission through education, research, creative activities, and service while being good stewards of the resources entrusted to us. East Carolina University delivers on the promise of opportunity. We open doors. We improve lives. We transform the present, and we discover the future. In these ways and more, we serve our community, our state, our nation and our world as together we reach toward our greatest potential. Tomorrow starts here.